This is a stunning and very rare Fender Special Run Jazzmaster. Fender Special Run guitars take well known models in their range and change several stock parts for more unusual choices.
In this case, this is one of only 116 made in the world (as confirmed by Fender Consumer Relations based on the serial number).
So, what does the ‘Hybrid’ part refer to? Simply, the Maple fingerboard has a flatter 9.5” radius fingerboard and medium Jumbo frets. This makes for a more modern playing experience than you’d normally find on a Japanese Jazzmaster.
Aside from that, this is a faithful take: the large single coil pickups, the twin circuit and the Jazzmaster tremolo are all here! You’ll get all of the crunchy, twangy, idiosyncratic tones and operations you’d expect with a Jazzmaster, just with an arguably easier neck to play on!
In a beautiful Indigo finish and with a really smooth Maple neck, this guitar looks, plays, sounds and feels incredible!
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Polyester
- Body Shape: Jazzmaster®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Neck Shape: “U” Shape
- Scale Length: 25.5″ (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5″ (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Frets Size: Medium Jumbo
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.675″ (42.5 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dots
- Bridge Pickup: US Single-Coil Jazzmaster®
- Neck Pickup: US Single-Coil Jazzmaster®
- Controls: Lead Circuit Controls (Slide Switch Down): Volume (Neck), Volume (Bridge), Master Tone; Rhythm Circuit Controls (Slide Switch Up): Two Thumbwheel Controls for Neck Pickup Volume and Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Adjustable with “Floating” Tremolo Tailpiece
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style Locking
- Pickguard: 3-Ply White Pearl
- Control Knobs: White Plastic
During Lockdown (November 5th – December 2nd), this item will only be available to click and collect from store or by delivery in the SW of England only (at an additional price of £15).
If you want to purchase this item, please contact us either by email (email@example.com ) or by phone (01392 793260) to make payment and arrange collection/delivery.