A little beauty, this Faith Naked Mercury is a traditional short-scale parlour model. With the neck joining the body at the 12th fret – rather than the 14th – the strings are held at a slightly lower tension than on regular models. Another implication of the 12th fret join is that the bridge is shifted further from the soundhole.
These features result in a guitar that is physically easier to play, sounds much bigger than you would imagine and is also simple to handle and transport.
The Spruce top and Mahogany body of each of the Faith Naked instruments is 100% solid tonewood – in keeping with all other Faith series. However, the cosmetics and non-essential dressing has been stripped away, leaving the guitars in their natural, Naked state. Satin finished all over, the tonewood is almost entirely unrestricted in its resonant movement, so the tone delivered is far beyond what is normally expected at this price level.
This guitar comes with it’s original padded Faith Gigbag.
- Top Wood – Solid Engelmann Spruce (2 Stage Satin)
- Back Wood – Solid Indonesian Mahogany (2 Stage Satin)
- Side Wood – Solid Indonesian Mahogany (2 Stage Satin)
- Bracing Material – Hand-Scalloped Quarter-Sawn Spruce
- Bracing Pattern – Patrick James Eggle X-Brace Design
- Rosette – 2mm Abalone
- Neck – Mahogany
- Neck Finish – Satin
- Neck Joint – Patrick James Eggle Bolt-On Design
- Fingerboard – Indonesian Ebony (2017 models onwards – until Dec 2016, Solid Rosewood)
- Fingerboard Radius – 16″
- Fingerboard Inlays – Mother of Pearl ‘F’ at 12th Fret
- Machine Head – Faith Precision Chrome
- Trussrod – 2 Way
- Nut / Saddle – NuBone (LC6116)/(LC9110)
- Nut Width – Nut 43mm / String Spacing 55mm
- Bridge – Indonesian Ebony
- Bridge Pins – Ebony with Ablone Dots
- Finish – Type 2 Stage Satin all over
Due to the current lockdown in England, this item is available from our store in Exeter (Click & Collect only) or by post (at an additional cost of £30 due to weight, cost of packing materials and levels of required insurance).
If postage is selected, it will be packed very carefully and sent via Parcelforce48.
If you have any questions, please contact us before purchasing either by email or phone (both on our website).