A taste of the 40s! Inspired by the early Synchromatics, the Gretsch G100CE Synchromatic Cutaway will take you back to those smoky jazz bars filled with musicians and a crooning Ella Fitzgerald. In mint condition, this stunning guitar has flatwound strings, a spruce top, maple sides and back and rosewood fingerboard, giving you a sound that is light, but full of texture and suave. This natural finished, electro acoustic guitar is perfect for recreating that retro feel at a great price and even comes with a luxury Gretsch Strap.
Acoustically, you can expect a snappy tone with a warm woody sound. The acoustic arch top design and floating neck mounted single coil pickup make up a beautifully composed and constructed guitar. The G100CE lends itself well to being recorded or amplified due to its fast attack, clear tone and electromagnetic pickup. You won’t find a better sounding guitar at this price range.
Here’s what Gretsch say about the Gretsch G100CE Synchromatic Cutaway Guitar
Reminiscent of the early Synchromatic™ of the 1940s, the G100CE Synchromatic Cutaway acoustic-electric features an arched spruce top with parallel tone bar bracing, body binding, f holes, three-piece maple neck, bound rosewood fingerboard with extra-broad frets and vintage-style pearloid wide-block inlays, single-coil Gretsch® pickup, pickguard-mounted volume and tone controls, ’40s-era Synchromatic headstock shape and vintage-style pearloid Gretsch headstock logo inlay, height-adjustable Synchromatic bridge and chromatic tailpiece.
- Body Back: Laminated Maple
- Body Sides: Laminated Maple
- Body Top: Laminated Spruce
- Body Finish: Matte Urethane, Matte Urethane
- Bracing: Parallel Tone Bars
- F Holes Sound Holes: Dual “F” Holes
- Body Depth: 2.75″ (70 mm)
- Body Width Lower Bout: 16″ (40.64 cm)
- Body Binding: Multiple
- Number of Frets: 20
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Block
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Neck Material: Maple
- Nut Width: 1.6875″ (42.8 mm)
- Scale Length: 25.5″ (648 mm)
- Neck Binding: Bound Fingerboard
- Pickup Configuration: Single Pickup
- Neck Pickup: Gretsch® Single-Coil
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Hardware Finish: Chrome-Plated
- Bridge: Synchromatic™ Height-Adjustable Rosewood
- Bridge Cover: “Harp” Shape Tailpiece
- Tuning Machines: Die-Cast
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Unique Features: Vintage Wide Pearloid Block Inlay Position Markers, 1940s Synchromatic Headstock Shape, Black Headstock Overlay, Pearloid Vintage Gretsch Logo Headstock Inlay, Bound Fingerboard, Multiple Body Bindings, “f” Sound-Holes, Streamlined Faux Tortoise Shell Pickguard, Volume and Tone Controls Mounted in Pickguard, Knurled Strap Retainer Knobs, Adjustable Truss Rod
Due to the current lockdown in England, this item is available from our store in Exeter (Click & Collect only) or by post (at an additional cost of £30 due to weight, cost of packing materials and levels of required insurance).
If postage is selected, it will be packed very carefully and sent via Parcelforce48 within 3 working days of purchase.
If you have any questions, please contact us before purchasing either by email or phone (both on our website).