Here we have a stunning example of a Squier Standard Telecaster Electric Guitar in Vintage Blonde. It is a Fender Special Run (FSR) which was made in the Cor-Tek factory in Indonesia in May 2012.
The FSR part of the guitar’s name refers to the fact that Fender only commissioned a limited number of these to be made, making it a rarer and more valuable guitar to own as the years go by (particularly in such amazing condition).
It is worlds above the entry-level Affinity models of Telecaster that Squier make and, in our opinion, is comparable to some of the Fender Telecasters made in the same year. It really is a stunning guitar!
For us, the highlights are the Indian Laurel fretboard (which gives the guitar a warmer and more resonant tone) and the gold/black headstock logo which is so synonymous with higher-end Squier and Fender guitars.
It is in mint second-hand condition, with almost no signs of wear or use. There isn’t a mark on it!
So, grab yourself a fantastic quality guitar, in mint condition for a really reasonable price!
Here’s what Squier say about their beloved Standard Telecaster:
The Telecaster was one of Fender’s first solid-body guitars and has been seen in the hands of countless players in nearly all genres of music. The guitar has a strong affinity with country music but has proved its worth in rock, blues, funk, and even jazz genres. The Squier Standard Telecaster provides the authentic playing experience, tones, and looks of a classic ’60s Telecaster, with a few modern touches to keep contemporary players happy. This guitar is a perfect “standard” example of why the Telecaster design is so popular.
Classic Single Coils & Resonant Tonewood Combination
The Squier Standard Telecaster features the original dual single-coil pickup design to give you the balance of biting bridge-position tones and mellow neck-position sounds. Single coils are more nuanced than other pickup designs and are perfect for creating clean sounds with complex overtones and detailed high-end. When you pile on the overdrive, the Telecaster becomes the ideal blues/rock guitar that will cut through any mix.
This guitar features an agathis body with a maple neck and laurel fingerboard. The single pickups accentuate the balanced frequency response of these tonewoods and create a versatile range of sounds for almost any genre. The Telecaster bridge-position tone is renowned for its “spank” and clarity, while the neck-position pickup can create the ideal sound for bluesy/jazzy leads and funky chordal playing.
The Squier Standard Telecaster has a neck based on ’60s dimensions with its “C” profile for a comfortable reach over all 6-strings. The single cutaway body enables access to all 22 frets for high-range soloing, while the modern 9.5” radius fingerboard gives a balanced feel across the 6 strings, making chordal and lead playing easier.
A Workhorse Guitar
The Telecaster’s simplicity is partly what makes it so versatile and reliable. The fixed bridge with string-thru-body design gives excellent resonance and tuning stability, complemented by the quality die-cast tuners. The bolt-on neck assists with the guitar’s stability, while the string-thru-body construction enables maximum string vibration transfer. The 6-saddle bridge provides individual string adjustment for action (string height) and intonation (tuning across the fingerboard) so you’ll be able to setup the perfect playing-feel for your requirements. The Telecaster’s versatility, reliability and distinct voice is what makes it a staple in many players’ collections; it is the ideal instrument for practice, recording and gigging.
- Maple neck with “C”-shaped profile and 22-fret Indian laurel fingerboard
- Dual single-coil Telecaster pickups with three-way switching
- Strings-thru-body Telecaster bridge with block saddles
- Chrome-Covered Single-Coil Pickup
- The chrome-covered single-coil neck pickup is a classic Telecaster design element.
- Body Material: Agathis
- Body Shape: Telecaster
- Body Finish: Polyurethane
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane
- Neck Shape: “C” Shape
- Scale Length: 25.5″ (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Laurel
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5″ (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650″ (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Pearloid Dot
- Truss Rod: Standard
- Bridge Pickup: Standard Single-Coil Tele®
- Neck Pickup: Alnico Magnet Single-Coil
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Standard Strings-Through-Body Tele® with Block Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Standard Die-Cast
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Switch Tip: Barrel Style
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Engraved
- Other Features: Gold and Black Squier Logo, Engraved Neckplate, Black Plastic Parts, Dot Position Inlays
Due to the current lockdown in England, this item is available from our store in Exeter (Click & Collect only) or by post (at an additional cost of £30 due to weight, cost of packing materials and levels of required insurance).
If postage is selected, it will be packed very carefully and sent via Parcelforce48 within 3 working days of purchase.
If you have any questions, please contact us before purchasing either by email or phone (both on our website).