Yamaha’s Pacifica Series is the go-to collection for many guitarists who want something familiar at a price that screams value. The entry-level model of this series – the PAC012 – is incredibly popular with beginners, as well as guitarists looking for an affordable guitar to add to their collection.
For an inexpensive yet high-quality introduction to the world of rock guitar, you’ll not find better value than the Pacifica 012 in our opinion.
Modelled on the best-selling Pacifica 112, the new, even more affordable 012 has a similarly contoured double-cutaway body, and the firepower of a raunchy bridge-position humbucker plus two clear-toned single-coil pickups. The five-position pickup switch allows selection of those classic ‘in-between’ sounds, while the vibrato bridge is a well-proven vintage design with six individually adjustable saddles for accurate intonation and a slinky set-up.
The Yamaha Pacifica has, for quite some time, been one of the go-to entry-level guitars. With a wide variety of options and styles, it’s so reliable and versatile that it’s held in high regard by intermediate and advanced players too.
BODY AND NECK:
The PAC012 is a great example of a well-designed electric guitar – seriously, for under £200, it rocks! As with any model in the Pacifica Series, it features the familiar Strat-style double-cutaway body, albeit with a more curvaceous and slightly edgier feel. Yamaha keeps the cost down by using solid agathis (similar to basswood) for the body.
Similar to any Strat-style guitar, it features a 25.5” scale length with a sturdy bolt-on neck. This neck is made of maple and is topped with a 22-fret sonokeling fretboard – again, a cost-cutting measure from Yamaha, but one that is very acceptable at this price. The playability is very good for a budget guitar, with the satin-finished neck feeling just right, while the fit and finish is commendable for a production model.
While the design of the Pacifica Series is clearly inspired by the Stratocaster, the electronics on offer on the PAC012 do differ somewhat. Mainly in the bridge position, where you’ll find a humbucker to complement the single-coils at the middle and neck. This trio of pickups are all Yamaha-designed and pretty basic in their makeup but do a good job of voicing this budget guitar.
The controls on offer are simple too, which is another draw for beginners, who only have to get to grips with a master volume and master tone knob, as well as a five-way pickup selector switch.
- The multi-award winning Pacifica Series delivers sublime sound comparable to the quality of a professional guitar.
- All you need for lessons, jamming or playing in a band – for those about to rock!
- Featuring Yamaha quality hardware: comfort-contoured body, vintage-style vibratos and craftsmanship of select tonewoods for an inspiring sound that encourages quick progress for beginning guitarists
- A 6-string electric guitar with accurate fret positioning for perfectly tuned sounds as you play further down the neck.
- Constant, stable and reliable tuning ideal for regular practice
- Versatile pick-up combination: two single coils and powerful bridge humbucker unlocks a world of sounds: rock, funk, blues, country and jazz
- Quality tuning gears keeps you staying in tune for longer
- Full-size Electric Guitar
- Classic double-cutaway design
- High Spec hardware
- Renowned Quality construction and finish
- Humbucker-Single-Single pickup configuration
- Vintage Style Tremolo
- Solid Agathis Body
- Maple neck with Bolt-on design
- Rosewood fingerboard with 22-frets
This guitar is in fantastic used condition. It has had the volume and tone knobs replaced and the neck pickup has turned from bright white to a more creamy colour. The body is showing only minor signs of wear and use with no noticeable dents, scrapes or damage of any kind. The guitar has had a full health-check, has been restrung, had the fretboard oiled, been electrically tested and setup in our workshop. It is not sold with the ‘whammy bar’.
Due to the current lockdown in England, this item is available from our store in Exeter (Click & Collect only) or by post (at an additional cost of £30 due to weight, cost of packing materials and levels of required insurance).
If postage is selected, it will be packed very carefully and sent via Parcelforce48 within 3 working days of purchase.
If you have any questions, please contact us before purchasing either by email or phone (both on our website).