Here we have a superb 2014 Epiphone FT-79 Texan Electro-Acoustic guitar, made in Indonesia. Grab yourself a piece or pure, top-quality, unadulterated Americana!
The Epiphone Texan is an acoustic flattop guitar of the Advanced Jumbo type. The FT-79 was produced by Epiphone starting in 1942. Under Gibson, Epiphone produced the FT-79 with the added name "Texan" in Kalamazoo, Michigan from approximately 1958 through until 1970.
From 1970 until 1979, the Texan name was used on the FT-145, FT-146 & FT-160 models. From the 1990's onward, the Texan name has been used on several FT-79 reissue models including the Inspired By 1964 Texan guitars (of which this is one).
- Solid Sitka spruce top
- Solid mahogany back
- Mahogany sides
- Set mahogany neck with 1960's profile
- Rosewood fingerboard with mother-of-pearl Parallelogram inlays
- Pearl deco oval inlay on
- 14" fingerboard radius
- 20 medium frets
- 25.5" scale
- 1 11/16" nut width
- 2-ply body binding
- Shadow low-impedance pickup
- Shadow Sonic sound-hole mounted control system
- Master Volume, High EQ, Low EQ
- Phase Switch
- Low Battery indicator
- Two #2032 3-volt lithium batteries
- Nickel hardware
- Rosewood reverse belly bridge with compensated saddle
- White bridge pins
- Tortoise pickguard with "E" emblem
- Wilkinson 14:1 ratio with oval buttons
- Antique Natural (AN) colouration.
This guitar is in mint used condition. It has virtually no signs of wear or use. Please look at the photos thoroughly as they constitute part of the product description.
Due to the dimensions and fragility of this instrument, we are sadly not offering postage on this lovely guitar.
This item is only available to collect from our store in Exeter or possibly by local delivery within one hour of Exeter (please enquire to see if this is available).
If you have any questions, please contact us before purchasing either by email or phone.